Yucca Fries with Cilantro Mayonnaise
Photo: Ray Kachatorian; Styling: Heather Chadduck
- 2 pounds yucca, peeled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Vegetable oil (about 4 cups)
- Cook yucca in boiling salted water in a Dutch oven 30 minutes or until fork-tender. Dry thoroughly with paper towels, and spread on baking sheets to cool. Cut each into 1/4-inch-thick fries, and set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, next 4 ingredients, and, if desired, cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour oil to depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven, and heat to 350°. Fry yucca, in 3 or 4 batches, 6 minutes per batch. Drain on paper towels. Return oil to 350°, and fry yucca, in 3 or 4 batches, another 6 minutes or until crispy. Drain on paper towels, and season with additional salt, if desired. Serve with cilantro mayonnaise.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables