very reliable, we've been making since 1985. you can adapt to taste, but the constants are the proportions of juices & garlic.
Yucatan Grilled Chicken
adapted from "Hot and Spicy" by Marlena Spieler
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 oranges juiced
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 lemons juiced
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) chile powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated orange rind (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated lime rind (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated lemon rind (optional)
- 2 pound(s) chicken pieces
- 1. Combine all marinade ingredients and pour into large ziplock bag.
- 2. Add chicken to bag, seal and coat pieces with marinade.
- Place bag in fridge.
- If using bone-in/skin-on pieces, marinate overnight.
- If using boned chicken breasts, marinate no longer than 1-2 hours.
- 3. Remove chicken from marinade and grill (preferably over wood fire) til juices run clear when pricked with a fork.
- 4. Serve with avocado & tomato slices, warm, soft tortillas and a selection of salsas.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolfitz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note