Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 cup(s) Flour
- 1 cup(s) Milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter Melted
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2-4 tablespoon(s) Roast Drippings
- 1. Sift together the flour and salt in a large bowl. Form a well in the center, add the milk, melted butter, and eggs (if you double the recipe, add an extra egg) and beat until the batter is completely smooth - the consistency of whipping cream. Let sit for one hour
- 2. Heat oven to 450. Add the roast drippings to a 9X12 pyrex dish coating the bottom of the dish. Heat in oven for 10 minutes.
- For a popover version, you can use a popover or muffin pan, putting at least a teaspoon of drippings in the bottom of each well and place in the oven for just a couple of minutes.
- 3. Carefully pour the batter into the pan (or wells) filling just 1/3 full, once the pan is hot. Cook for 15 minutes at 450 then reduce the heat to 350 and cook for 15 to 20 minutes more - until puffy and golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BigSteve and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note