Community Recipe from
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 cup(s) Flour
- 1 cup(s) Milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter Melted
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2-4 tablespoon(s) Roast Drippings
- 1. Sift together the flour and salt in a large bowl. Form a well in the center, add the milk, melted butter, and eggs (if you double the recipe, add an extra egg) and beat until the batter is completely smooth - the consistency of whipping cream. Let sit for one hour
- 2. Heat oven to 450. Add the roast drippings to a 9X12 pyrex dish coating the bottom of the dish. Heat in oven for 10 minutes.
- For a popover version, you can use a popover or muffin pan, putting at least a teaspoon of drippings in the bottom of each well and place in the oven for just a couple of minutes.
- 3. Carefully pour the batter into the pan (or wells) filling just 1/3 full, once the pan is hot. Cook for 15 minutes at 450 then reduce the heat to 350 and cook for 15 to 20 minutes more - until puffy and golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BigSteve and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes