I have tried other Yorkshire Pudding recipes and find that this is easiest and works every time. I usually chill the batter for a few hours and use whatever drippings I have around.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons rib roast pan drippings*
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients until smooth. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 tablespoon pan drippings into each of 12 popover or muffin cups, and tilt to coat. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes. Quickly pour cold batter into hot pan; do not stir.
- Bake for 15 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350°, and bake an additional 15 minutes or until golden.
- *Note: If pan drippings are not sufficient, supplement with olive oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Puddings/Custards