Really good and so easy. I just steamed about 2 1/2 cups (17 oz) of Jasmine rice and let it cool slightly then threw it all together while waiting for the Yakitori (also Cooking Light) to rest before serving. Delicious! DH said he liked it even better than my coconut rice. Looks like this one will be on the regular rotation from now on.
Yogurt Rice with Cumin and Chile
Using whole packages of rice and yogurt saves the time of measuring. Be sure to use standard yogurt here; Greek is a bit too thick. Serve with grilled lamb chops, roasted chicken, or grilled salmon.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 5 Minutes
- Calories: 173
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 265mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 2 (8.5-ounce) pouches precooked white basmati rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (6-ounce) container plain low-fat yogurt
- 1. Heat rice according to package directions.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl. Add ginger, cumin, and chile; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in rice, cilantro, salt, and yogurt; cook 1 minute.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note