I don't care for peppers, so I substituted pineapple and apples, which tasted fantastic. The yogurt made the chicken so tender. I couldn't stop eating it. I definitely will be making this again and it would be great for a cook out and having friends over.
Yogurt-Marinated Chicken Kebabs
This easy chicken kebab recipe features chicken marinated in a mixture of yogurt, lemon juice and seasonings, then grilled on skewers along with red pepper and onion. Serve with pita bread, rice and peas to round out the meal.
More From Allyou
Marinate: 2 Hours
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 57g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 137mg
- Sodium: 199mg
- 1 1/3 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Soak 8 (9-inch) wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine yogurt, lemon juice, coriander and garlic; season with pepper. Add chicken and seal bag, rubbing chicken to completely coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Wipe marinade off chicken; discard marinade. Thread onto skewers, alternating with pepper and onion pieces. Season with salt.
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat, brush with oil, add kebabs (in batches if necessary) and cover with foil. Grill on medium heat, turning on all sides, until chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes. Serve kebabs with grilled pita bread, rice, and a green vegetable or salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note