- 1 1/3 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- calories 357
- fat 7 g
- satfat 2 g
- protein 57 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 137 mg
- sodium 199 mg
How to Make It
Soak 8 (9-inch) wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine yogurt, lemon juice, coriander and garlic; season with pepper. Add chicken and seal bag, rubbing chicken to completely coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Wipe marinade off chicken; discard marinade. Thread onto skewers, alternating with pepper and onion pieces. Season with salt.
Heat grill pan over medium-high heat, brush with oil, add kebabs (in batches if necessary) and cover with foil. Grill on medium heat, turning on all sides, until chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes. Serve kebabs with grilled pita bread, rice, and a green vegetable or salad.