My family loves this recipe! It's been on our list of favorite recipes for 7 years!
Yogurt-Marinated Beef Kebabs with Wasabi Aioli
Wasabi is a welcome addition to garlicky aioli, giving it a green hue and a spicy kick.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 kebab and about 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 198
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 23.4g
- Carbohydrate: 11.2g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 498mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6-ounce) carton plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) boneless sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into 20 (1-inch) cubes
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared wasabi paste
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 16 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 16 (1-inch-long) pieces green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add beef to bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 4 to 6 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Combine mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons juice, wasabi, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic, stirring with a whisk. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove beef from bag; discard marinade. Thread 5 beef cubes alternately with 4 tomatoes and 4 green onion pieces onto each of 4 (12-inch) skewers. Sprinkle salt evenly over kebabs. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with mayonnaise mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes