My family loves this recipe! It's been on our list of favorite recipes for 7 years!
Yogurt-Marinated Beef Kebabs with Wasabi Aioli
Wasabi is a welcome addition to garlicky aioli, giving it a green hue and a spicy kick.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 kebab and about 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 198
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 23.4g
- Carbohydrate: 11.2g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 498mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6-ounce) carton plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) boneless sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into 20 (1-inch) cubes
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared wasabi paste
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 16 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 16 (1-inch-long) pieces green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add beef to bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 4 to 6 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Combine mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons juice, wasabi, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic, stirring with a whisk. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove beef from bag; discard marinade. Thread 5 beef cubes alternately with 4 tomatoes and 4 green onion pieces onto each of 4 (12-inch) skewers. Sprinkle salt evenly over kebabs. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with mayonnaise mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note