Yogurt Crescent Rolls
Make Ahead. Yogurt adds so much richness to these soft twirls you'll think you're eating buttery sour cream rolls.
Yield: 4 dozen (serving size: 1 roll)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 73
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 12.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 55mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 2 packages dry yeast (about 4 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1. Combine yeast and warm water; let stand 5 minutes. Combine yeast mixture, 2 cups flour, sugar, and next 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in 3 cups flour. Cover; chill 8 hours.
- 2. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup flour over work surface. Punch dough down; divide into fourths. Roll each fourth into a 10-inch circle on floured surface. Coat circles with cooking spray; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges, beginning at wide ends; place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray, point sides down. Cover; let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 4. Bake rolls at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note