Way too much work for very mediocre result. The overwhelming flavors were of bitter, raw garlic and yogurt. Definitely will not make again.
Yogurt Cheese Torte
Drain yogurt of most of its liquid to create a soft spread similar to cream cheese. One cup of yogurt yields approximately 1/2 cup cheese. Serve with crackers, croutons, or baguette slices. If you're planning to give this torte as a gift, layer the cheese and herb mixture in a small glass container that can double as a serving dish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 42
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 3.5g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 68mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 6 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sliced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Place a colander in a large bowl. Line colander with 4 layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over outside edges.
- Spoon yogurt into colander. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 12 hours. Spoon yogurt cheese into a medium bowl, and discard liquid. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Combine garlic and remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place half of yogurt cheese in a serving bowl; spread with half of herb mixture. Repeat with remaining cheese and herb mixture. Cover and refrigerate torte at least 12 hours and up to 1 week. Serve at room temperature.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note