- 6 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sliced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- calories 42
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- fat 2 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- monofat 1.2 g
- polyfat 0.1 g
- protein 2.5 g
- carbohydrate 3.5 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- cholesterol 3 mg
- iron 0.1 mg
- sodium 68 mg
- calcium 86 mg
How to Make It
Place a colander in a large bowl. Line colander with 4 layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over outside edges.
Spoon yogurt into colander. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 12 hours. Spoon yogurt cheese into a medium bowl, and discard liquid. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
Combine garlic and remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
Place half of yogurt cheese in a serving bowl; spread with half of herb mixture. Repeat with remaining cheese and herb mixture. Cover and refrigerate torte at least 12 hours and up to 1 week. Serve at room temperature.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.