Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum! I used a bottled "Greek Seasoning" mix in place of all the other herbs and it was delicious. I could not stop eating this dip (I am a big yogurt fan in general). This is so easy to make, I almosts can't believe how simple it is because it tastes so good. I can't wait to share this with my bellydance friends!!!
Yogurt Cheese Appetizer
More From Southern Living
- Yogurt Cheese (see recipe)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 4 (6-inch) whole wheat pita rounds, warmed and cut into wedges
- Spoon Yogurt Cheese into a serving bowl, pressing lightly to flatten. Sprinkle cheese evenly with 1 teaspoon salt, sesame seeds, thyme, and marjoram; drizzle with olive oil. Serve with kalamata olives, cucumber slices, and warm whole wheat pita wedges.
- Yogurt Cheese: Line a fine wire-mesh strainer with 3 layers of cheesecloth or 1 coffee filter. Place strainer over a bowl. Spoon 3 (8-ounce) containers plain yogurt into strainer. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill 24 hours. Remove yogurt cheese, discarding strained liquid. Prep: 5 min., Chill: 24 hrs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers