Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) chocolate pieces, semisweet
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) shortening
- 24 amaretti cookies (4.6 oz) or Vanilla wafers
- 1/3 cup(s) tropical fruit-flavor sorbet (like mango, pineapply, or lime)
- 1. Heat chocolate pieces and shortening in a heavy, small saucepan over low heat until just melted. Cool slightly.
- 2. With a narrow metal spatula, spread about 1 tsp. chocolate mixture on the flat side of half of the cookies.
- 3. Place coated cookies chocolate side up on a wire rack to set.
- 4. Using a melon baller, place a small scoop of sorbet (about 1 rounded teaspoon) over chocolate side of each coated cookie. Dip the mellon baller into water between scoops to make the scoops come out neatly.
- 5. Top sorbet with another cookie to make a sandwich.
- 6. Cover and freeze at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Yo-Yos Galore Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies