Yiayia's Tiropita (Greek cheese pie)
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) cream cheese
- 1 pound(s) cottage cheese, small curd
- 1 pound(s) feta cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese grated
- 5-6 whole(s) eggs well-beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) white pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) bleu cheese optional
- 1/2-3/4 pound(s) unsalted butter melted
- 1 pound(s) phyllo dough
- Soften cream cheese at room temperature or in microwave. Blend with cottage cheese, crumbled feta & grated parmesan.
- Add well-beaten eggs, pepper, and bleu cheese & blend thoroughly. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Plan to use half of phyllo sheets (11-12) for the bottom layer and the remaining 11-12 sheets for the top. Generously butter bottom & sides of rectangular 11"x15" pan, using pastry brush.
- Lay first sheet of phyllo in pan and brush with butter. Do not cut excess phyllo around edges. Continue this procedure until half of the phyllo has been used. (Reheat butter if solidifies.)
- Spread all the cream cheese mixture evenly over phyllo, including corners. Cover wih remaining phyllo, again buttering each sheet.
- Trim any excess phyllo, leaving 1-inch overhang. Roll & tuck the phyllo to form a rim. If you prefer to trim, use a sharp knife to run around inside edge of pan. Discard or dip in melted butter.
- Brush top layer with butter. With a sharp knife, gently score top of tiropita into serving size portions & bake at 350 degrees F for about 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cut pre-scored portions. Alow pita to set 20 minutes or more before serving. Serves 8-16.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AletaU1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note