Yellow Tomato Lime Sorbet
Refreshing and sweet with a hint of earthiness, this sorbet shows off tomatoes' fruity side.
More From Sunset
Freeze: 3 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 176
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 73mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 1/3 pounds ripe, sweet, orange-yellow tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- About 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1. Cut tomatoes into chunks, then purée in batches in a food processor. Rub through a fine strainer set over a large saucepan; discard seeds and skins.
- 2. Stir sugar into tomato purée. Bring to simmering over high heat, then reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 4 cups, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Nest pan in a bowl of ice water and stir occasionally until tomato mixture is cold. Stir in 1/3 cup lime juice. Add more if needed so you taste both sweet tomatoes and lime.
- 4. Process mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a bowl and freeze until firm enough to scoop, about 3 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note