Yellow Tomato Gazpacho with Shrimp
Notes: Brian Whitmer, chef at Moose's Restaurant in San Francisco, contributed this recipe. Garnish with yellow cherry tomatoes and sliced cucumbers, if desired.
Yield: Makes 7 to 8 cups; 4 to 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 96
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sodium: 244mg
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- 3 pounds ripe yellow tomatoes (about 6), rinsed, cored, and cut into chunks
- 2/3 cup tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup peeled, seeded, diced cucumber
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 pound (70 to 90 per lb.) shelled cooked rock shrimp or tiny shrimp
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a food processor or blender, coarsely purée tomatoes, a portion at a time. Pour into a large bowl.
- 2. Stir in tomato juice, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire, hot sauce, bell pepper, cucumber, garlic, and cilantro.
- 3. Serve soup at room temperature, or nest bowl in ice and stir often until cold, about 15 minutes. Ladle into wide bowls and add shrimp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note