I also use the peeler on the squash and add at just the last minute to pasta! End up using less of the pasta and get more veggies! This recipe here would not be bland if seasoned correctly. Squash is a veggie begging for seasoning!
Yellow Squash Ribbons with Red Onion and Parmesan
This supereasy side can also be made with zucchini or a colorful combination of zucchini and yellow squash.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 84
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 10.4g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 266mg
- Calcium: 128mg
- 4 medium yellow squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave squash into ribbons to measure 5 cups. Discard seeds and core of squash.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add squash, onion, and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until onion is tender, gently stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add salt, red pepper, and black pepper, and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables