- 2 pounds yellow squash, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3 cups organic vegetable or chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°. Toss together first 7 ingredients and 1 tsp. salt. Arrange in a single layer in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
Bake at 450° for 30 to 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven; process 2 cups squash mixture and 1 cup broth in a blender or food processor until smooth. Divide remaining squash mixture among 4 shallow soup bowls.
Stir together vegetable puree and remaining 2 cups broth in a 3-qt. saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; whisk in butter, lime juice, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt.
Spoon broth mixture over squash mixture in bowls. Sprinkle with fresh herbs, and serve immediately.