This salad was delicious! Couldn't find golden beets, yellow plums or the yellow tomatoes so used the red variety. I'm not a goat cheese fan so I used macedonian feta. Was a little worried when I was putting it together, but was pleasantly surprised at the result. Will definitely make this again. Also the dressing was a little tart for me so I used a little maple syrup to even out the flavor a bit.
Yellow Plum Salad
As gorgeous as it is delicious, this salad will become a summer staple. Serve it with grilled chicken, pork, steaks, or seafood. Look for the Mirabelle or other golden-fleshed plums.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 2 Hours, 2 Minutes
- Calories: 158
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 20.2g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 194mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 4 golden beets (about 12 ounces)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 yellow-fleshed plums, halved and pitted (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 pint yellow pear tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil for 13 minutes or until blackened. Place in a paper bag, and fold tightly to seal. Let stand for 20 minutes. Peel and cut bell peppers into 1/2-inch-thick strips.
- 3. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 4. Leave root and 1-inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place beets in an 11 x 7-inch ceramic or glass baking dish. Add 1 inch of water to dish; cover tightly with foil. Bake at 450° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool; peel and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 5. Combine olive oil and the next 6 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Place sliced beets in a medium bowl. Drizzle beets with 3 tablespoons vinaigrette; toss gently. Let stand at least 15 minutes. Divide beets evenly among 6 salad plates, and top each serving evenly with peppers, plums, and tomatoes. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note