- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 4 golden beets (about 12 ounces)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 yellow-fleshed plums, halved and pitted (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 pint yellow pear tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- calories 158
- fat 8 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- monofat 4.6 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 4.2 g
- carbohydrate 20.2 g
- fiber 3.5 g
- cholesterol 4 mg
- iron 1.4 mg
- sodium 194 mg
- calcium 35 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil for 13 minutes or until blackened. Place in a paper bag, and fold tightly to seal. Let stand for 20 minutes. Peel and cut bell peppers into 1/2-inch-thick strips.
Preheat oven to 450°.
Leave root and 1-inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place beets in an 11 x 7-inch ceramic or glass baking dish. Add 1 inch of water to dish; cover tightly with foil. Bake at 450° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool; peel and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Combine olive oil and the next 6 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Place sliced beets in a medium bowl. Drizzle beets with 3 tablespoons vinaigrette; toss gently. Let stand at least 15 minutes. Divide beets evenly among 6 salad plates, and top each serving evenly with peppers, plums, and tomatoes. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.