- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 1/4 cups coarsely chopped yellow bell pepper (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled Granny Smith apple (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup cubed peeled Yukon gold or red potato
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Dash of salt
- Remaining Ingredient:
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- calories 138
- caloriesfromfat 18 %
- fat 2.7 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- monofat 0.7 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 4.2 g
- carbohydrate 23 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- cholesterol 4 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 392 mg
- calcium 40 mg
How to Make It
To prepare soup, melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and fennel; sauté 3 minutes. Add curry, ginger, and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates. Add bell pepper, broth, apple, potato, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes. Cool.
Place half of soup in a blender; process until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining soup. Chill at least 2 hours. Stir in juice.
To prepare puree, place peas and next 5 ingredients (peas through dash of salt) in a blender; process until smooth.
Pour 3/4 cup soup into each of 6 bowls. Make 3 dollops with 1 teaspoon each of puree. Using tip of a knife; swirl each dollop into a "V" shape. Dollop 1 teaspoon crème fraîche in center of each serving.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.