This is probably the best appetizer I have ever tasted. It is the most requested of all my recipes. Jerry
Yellow Pepper Pesto Terrine
Substitute red bell peppers, if desired.
Yield: 24 servings (serving size: about 2 tablespoons terrine and 2 crackers)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 89
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Carbohydrate: 8.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 229mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- Cheese filling:
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Additional ingredients:
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 56 table wafer crackers
- Preheat broiler.
- To prepare pesto, cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 10 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and discard skin.
- Combine peppers and next 7 ingredients (through garlic) in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- To prepare cheese filling, combine cheeses, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and red pepper in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Line an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing plastic wrap to extend over edges of pan. Spread about 1 cup of cheese mixture in bottom of pan. Spread 1/2 cup pesto over cheese mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining cheese filling and pesto, ending with cheese filling. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, invert terrine onto a platter; remove plastic wrap. Garnish with additional basil leaves, if desired. Serve with crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Yellow Pepper Pesto Terrine Recipe at a Glance