This recipe goes with Shrimp and Cornbread Stuffing
Yield: Makes 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Heat a well-greased 10-inch ovenproof skillet at 450° for 5 minutes.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir together egg and next 2 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note