Yankee Pot Roast
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) large onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 3 pound(s) beef chuck roast
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 pound(s) carrots peeled and cut into 3 x 1/2-inch thick sticks
- 1 pound(s) small red-skinned potatoes 1-inch in diameter, quartered
- 2 whole(s) ribs celery cut into 3 x 1/2-inch thick sticks
- 1 cup(s) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 2 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 - Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 - Place onion and garlic in slow cooker. Season beef with salt and pepper; place over onions. Arrange carrots, potatoes and celery around beef, in that order. Combine broth, tomato paste and thyme; pour over beef. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the worchestershire sauce over top.
- 3 - Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours.
- 4 - Remove beef from slow cooker and place on a serving platter. Spoon out vegetables with a slotted spoon and place around roast. Keep warm.
- 5 - Strain cooking liquid into a medium-size saucepan; skim off excess fat. Bring to a simmer. Combine cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water and stir into saucepan. Simmer for 1 minute until thickened. Stir in remaining tablespoon worchestershire sauce.
- 6 - Slice beef and serve with vegetables and gravy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note