Yankee Pot Roast
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) large onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 3 pound(s) beef chuck roast
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 pound(s) carrots peeled and cut into 3 x 1/2-inch thick sticks
- 1 pound(s) small red-skinned potatoes 1-inch in diameter, quartered
- 2 whole(s) ribs celery cut into 3 x 1/2-inch thick sticks
- 1 cup(s) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 2 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 - Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 - Place onion and garlic in slow cooker. Season beef with salt and pepper; place over onions. Arrange carrots, potatoes and celery around beef, in that order. Combine broth, tomato paste and thyme; pour over beef. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the worchestershire sauce over top.
- 3 - Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours.
- 4 - Remove beef from slow cooker and place on a serving platter. Spoon out vegetables with a slotted spoon and place around roast. Keep warm.
- 5 - Strain cooking liquid into a medium-size saucepan; skim off excess fat. Bring to a simmer. Combine cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water and stir into saucepan. Simmer for 1 minute until thickened. Stir in remaining tablespoon worchestershire sauce.
- 6 - Slice beef and serve with vegetables and gravy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes