Yam Nuea Yang (Spicy Beef Salad)
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Jan Gautro
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 214
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 7.6g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 407mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sliced Thai red chiles or serrano chiles
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges (about 3/4 pound)
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Place steak on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Cut the steak diagonally across grain into thin slices; cut each slice into 2-inch pieces.
- Combine the steak, shallots, and remaining ingredients, and toss gently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note