I always double this recipe (for leftovers) and marinate the chicken overnight. Works great on our Traeger BBQ with mesquite pellets. It was fabulous with the Yogurt, Cumin, and Chile Rice (also Cooking Light) and a cucumber side salad. On the regular rotation.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 172
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 22.9g
- Carbohydrate: 6.7g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 366mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 1/4 cup sake (rice wine)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 24 bite-sized pieces
- 5 green onions, each cut into 4 (2-inch) pieces
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 2 1/2 minutes). Remove from heat; cool.
- Combine soy sauce mixture and the chicken. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Thread 6 chicken cubes and 5 green onion pieces alternately onto each of 4 (10-inch) skewers. Brush kebabs with the soy mixture. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place kebabs in pan, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until the chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note