- 2 green cardamom pods
- 1 dried hot red chile
- 1 pound carrots, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- Remove seeds from cardamom pods, and discard pods. Combine cardamom seeds and chile in a spice mill or mortar and pestle; grind into a powder.
- Combine cardamom mixture, carrot, and next 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and cook, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Add vinegar; reduce heat, and simmer 30 more minutes or until thickened. Transfer mixture to a bowl; cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments