World's Best Lasagne
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) sweet Italian sausage
- 3/4 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/2 cup(s) onion minced
- 2 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 28 ounce(s) can crushed tomatoes
- 12 ounce(s) tomato paste
- 13 ounce(s) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 4 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 12 lasagne noodles
- 16 ounce(s) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 pound(s) mozzarella cheese sliced
- 3/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese grated
- In Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 2 tablespoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagne noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To assemble, spread 1 1/2C meat sauce in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over met sauce. Spread with one half of ricotta mix. Top with 1 third of mozzarella. spoon 1 11/2C meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4C Parmesan. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure foil does not touch cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JillGinder and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
World's Best Lasagne Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles