Doug and I made this recipe for breakfast this morning. We worked as a team. Together we did not follow the biscuit recipe as we were suppose to. Together we decided to continue on anyway with a plan B of cereal. Even with our mishap the meal still turned out delicious! Everyone loved the biscuits. I loved the onions in the Mustard Butter!
Wooo Pig Sooie Ham-Stuffed Biscuits with Mustard Butter
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- Mustard Butter
- 2 pounds thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1. Combine yeast and 1/2 cup warm water in a 4-cup liquid measuring cup, and let mixture stand 5 minutes. Stir in buttermilk.
- 2. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk mixture, stirring with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 3. Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface, and knead 4 to 5 times.
- 4. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-inch round cutter, and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour.
- 5. Bake at 425° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Split each biscuit, and spread evenly with Mustard Butter. Stuff biscuits with ham.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches