Woolworth's Frito Pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Woolworth's Frito Pie
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cup water (more if necessary)
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 cups Fritos corn chips
- 1/2 pound Cheddar or Monterey jack, shredded
- Optional: chopped onion and diced fresh jalapenos for garnish
- Cook bacon in heavy skillet until fat is rendered. Add onion and
- garlic and cook until onion is softened.
- Add ground chuck and cook over medium high heat, stirring and
- breaking up lumps, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour off excess
- fat and add salt, chili powder, cumin, and tomato paste.
- Slowly add water and simmer 10 min, adding more water if necessary.
- Add beans until heated through.
- Divide corn chips among individual wide shallow bowls, top with
- chili. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Garnish with onion and jalapeno if desired
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Woolworth's Frito Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes