Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) ground lean pork
- 8 ounce(s) large (16/20) shrimp peeled, deveined and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) chives finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) Shaohsing rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon(s) toasted seame oil
- fresh pepper
- 36 wonton wrappers 3 in square
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoon(s) light soy
- 1 tablespoon(s) Guilin chili sauce
- For the filling:In a medium bowl, combine the pork, shrimp, chives, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ginger, rice wine, cornstarch, sesame oil and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- For the wontons:Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and dust lightly with cornstarch. Take 1 wonton wrapper and place 1 1/2 teaspoons filling in the center. Brush the edges of the wrapper with the beaten egg, then gather up the sides and mold around the filling, making a ball shape and twisting the top to secure. Repeat with the remaining wrappers, lining them up on the prepared baking sheet. Place the wontons in the freezer for an hour to firm them up before cooking. Once frozen for an hour, you can cook them or transfer them to an airtight container and freeze until you are ready to use.
- For the chili sauce:In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and chili sauce and set aside.
- Bring a wok halfway full with water to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook the wontons in batches until they float to the surface, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. Garnish with the chives and serve immediately with the chili dipping sauce.
- Cook's note: Chinese chives are also known as garlic chives or Japanese nira.
- Serving Size
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KarenCoe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wontons Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes