Wolfgang Puck's Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Turkey Leftovers
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 3.5 cup(s) milk
- 0.5 white onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon(s) Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 pinch(s) cayenne
- 8 ounce(s) cooked turkey coarsely chopped
- 10 ounce(s) sharp aged white cheddar grated
- 3 ounce(s) Gruyère cheese grated
- 1 ounce(s) Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup(s) brioche bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni to al dente (approximately 7 minutes). Strain and place on a lightly oiled sheet pan.
- While the macaroni is cooking, in a separate pot, melt 3 tablespoons butter and whisk in the flour. Continue to cook over low heat for 4 minutes stirring constantly. Add the milk, onion, bay leaf, salt, pepper and cayenne. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chopped turkey and cook 1 or 2 minutes more. Remove onion and bay leaf.
- Turn off the heat and add 3/4 of the aged cheddar and all of the other cheeses. Fold in macaroni. Pour into a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with remaining cheddar.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a sauté pan and toss bread crumbs and parsley to coat. Top the macaroni with bread crumb mixture. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven let stand for about 5 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BJBoxcars and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note