Wok-Seared Scallops with Tangerine Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 1 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 pound(s) sea scallops
- 3 tablespoon(s) tangerine juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) chile garlic paste
- 1 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 medium zucchini, halved & sliced on the diagonal
- 1 medium yellow, halved & sliced on the diagonal
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- In a large bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add the scallops and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, mix the tangerine juice with the hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and chile-garlic paste. In another small bowl, combine the tangerine zest with the chopped garlic and ginger.
- In a wok, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil over high heat until smoking. Add the scallops in a single layer and cook without stirring until they are golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until the scallops are firm, about 1 1/2 minutes longer. Transfer the scallops to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil to the wok along with the tangerine zest mixture and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the zucchini, squash, carrot and water chestnuts and cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir the tangerine sauce and add it to the wok. Cook the sauce until slightly thickened, about 30 seconds. Return the scallops to the wok, stirring just until heated through, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jadell and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wok-Seared Scallops with Tangerine Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes