Standard pigs in the blanket. To make these more finger-like cut a wedge into the end of each cocktail wiener in the shape of finger nails and fill with ketchup or mustard after baking.
Witches' Fingers in Bandages
Take pigs-in-a-blanket to a new level with these scary puff pastry-wrapped witch's fingers. The cocktail-size franks are the perfect size for an easy pick-up appetizer and you won't even need to serve with dip since each "finger" has red nail polish (ie. ketchup).
More From Allyou
Freeze: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 112
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 224mg
- 1 (12 oz.) package cocktail-size frankfurters
- 1 (8 oz.) sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Cut off 1/2 inch diagonally from one end of each hot dog, to create a "fingernail."
- Cut puff pastry into 1/2 -inch-by-3-inch strips. Wrap each hot dog in a piece of pastry, overlapping edges slightly and leaving both ends visible. Place "fingers" seam side down on a baking sheet. Freeze for 15 minutes, or cover and freeze for up to 1 week.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake until pastry is puffed and golden, 20 minutes. Spread ketchup onto each "fingernail" and serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note