- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 whole cloves
- 2 (3-inch) sticks cinnamon
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a Dutch oven. Cook over medium- high heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar.
- Place cloves and cinnamon on cheesecloth. Bring edges of cheesecloth together at top and tie securely to form a small bag. Drop spice bag into simmering cider mixture; continue to simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove spice bag; pour cider into a heat-proof punch bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This