Made this for our Halloween Block Party...it was gone in an instant! People LOVED it. I never even got any. I added 1 bottle of soda, no way for me to get any more into the bowl. Disappointed in the hands though. It was too hard to try and get the gloves off and fingers were breaking. I should have just left them in the gloves and floated them that way. People really did rave about it. Beware, this is very red due to the cherry Jello-O - NOT orange as it appears in the photo. Will make again, for sure!
Scare them silly by floating a frozen hand in this yummy brew!
Yield: Serves 45
- 6 ounce pkg. cherry gelatin mix
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 48 ounce can pineapple juice
- 4 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 to 2 2-ltr. bottles lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Stir gelatin mix and sugar into boiling water until completely dissolved. Add lemonade and pineapple juice; mix well. Blend in cold water. Pour mixture into gallon-size plastic freezer bags; freeze overnight. Remove bags from the freezer 2 hours before serving; knead slightly while in bag. Place mixture in a punch bowl, adding desired amount of soda.
- To make the floating hand, rinse out a disposable plastic glove. Fill with water that has been colored with green food coloring. Freeze until firm. Remove glove by running cold water over the glove. Cut away some of the plastic glove and gently remove hand. Float ice hand in punch bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages