Witcher Prime rib
Community Recipe from
- 1 Prime rib any size
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) celery salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) Accent
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- * Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- * Use a paper towel to pat the roast dry.
- * Rub butter on the cut ends of the roast.
- * Create the seasoning rub
- * Create the seasoning rub with ingredients above. Make a series of ½ inch deep slits all over the top of the roast as well as the sides. Rub your seasonings all over the roast, covering all exposed meat.
- * Place the roast in a heavy metal roasting pan, bone-side down.
- Cooking Time for Rare (120°)
- (3) Ribs, 7 to 8 lbs. 15 minutes at 450°, Then 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours at 325°
- (4) Ribs, 9 to 10 lbs. 15 minutes at 450°, Then 1 ½ to 2 hours at 325°
- (5) Ribs, 11 to 13 lbs. 15 minutes at 450°, Then 2 to 2 ½ hours at 325°
- (6) Ribs, 14 to 16 lbs. 15 minutes at 450° Then, 2 ¾ to 3 hours at 325°
- (7) Ribs, 16 to 18 lbs. 15 minutes at 450° Then, 3 to 3 ¾ hours at 325°
- When the internal temperature reaches 120°, pull it out of the oven and cover with foil. Let the roast sit for twenty to thirty minutes. It will continue to cook during this time, reaching a temperature of about 125° to 130°. This resting period allows the juices and flavors to permeate the roast.
- Rare meats measure in at 120° to 125°
- Medium rare meats measure between 130° to 135°
- Medium meats measure between 140° to 145°
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SWitcher and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Witcher Prime rib Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes