Witch Hats and Broomsticks
Photo: Ryan Benyi, Charles Schiller; Styling: Karen Tack
Cast a spell with cookies that make clever use of supermarket candies.
- You'll Need:
- Green and orange icing
- Chocolate Kisses
- Chocolate cookies (such as Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- Yellow fruit slice candies or spice drops
- Chocolate-covered cookie sticks (such as Pocky or Oreo Fun Stix)
- Red Fruit Roll-Ups
- Assemble hats:
- 1. Use a dot of icing to attach a chocolate Kiss to center of each cookie.
- 2. Decorate hats by piping orange or green icing in short spikes or simple bows around base of Kiss.
- Assemble brooms:
- 1. Flatten fruit slices in a small pile of granulated sugar to make 2 1/2â€� triangles. Cut one long edge of each fruit slice, about 1/8â€� apart, to make bristles. Use a dot of icing to secure fruit slices to cookie sticks.
- 2. Cut a thin strip of Fruit Roll-Up and attach above bristles, securing with icing, if necessary.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note