Witch's Cauldron Chili
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
Prepare up to 2 days in advance and refrigerate. Reheat over low heat, stirring frequently. If it's too thick, stir in a little water.
Yield: Serves 8
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 4-lb. deli roast chicken, skinned, boned and coarsely chopped
- 2 (14-oz.) cans chicken broth
- 4 1/2-oz. can chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 (16-oz.) cans great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Optional: 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over low heat; add carrot, onion and garlic. Sauté until tender.
- Stir in chicken, chicken broth, green chiles, cumin and red pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mash beans using a potato masher until about half the beans are still whole. Add beans and whipping cream to chicken mixture. Cook 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened and hot. Stir in cilantro, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews