Winter Tasty Veggie & Beef Stew
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil organic
- 1 package(s) beef roast, chuck, cubed appx 1 lb
- 4 stalk(s) carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 zucchini sliced in quarters
- 1 yellow squash sliced
- 1 head(s) green cabbage chopped
- 2 box(es) vegetable broth (organic) 32 oz each
- 1 can(s) chopped tomatoes 28 oz
- 1 package(s) frozen corn
- 1 package(s) frozen peas
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 4 Bay Leaves remove before serving
- 2 tablespoon(s) marjoram chopped
- 1 pinch(s) dried basil
- 1 pinch(s) cayanne pepper
- 1 salt and pepper
- 1. Pour 2 TBS (or a bit more) olive oil into pot. Add beef + salt & pepper & brown each side, getting rid of pink, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add chopped onion, carrots, marjoram and Bay leaves (make sure to remove Bay Leaves before serving). Saute another 5 minutes.
- 3. Add entire box of veggie broth and ½ the second box about 6 cups (could add a little more if prefer more broth). Add tomatoes and juice, chopped cabbage, zucchini and yellow squash. 4. Add seasoning to taste.
- 5. Partially cover pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce hit and simmer for about 85 minutes. Add peas and corn and simmer another 5-7 minutes. Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CaliMom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Winter Tasty Veggie & Beef Stew Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews