Shortcake's not just meant for berries. This one sports a spiced apple filling piled onto a sweet potato biscuit.
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (about 7 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sweet Potato-Butter Pecan Biscuits
- Beat first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Cover and chill.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add apples and next 5 ingredients; cook over medium heat 20 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring often. Cool.
- Split biscuits in half. Place biscuit bottoms on individual serving plates. Spoon 1/3 cup apple mixture evenly over each biscuit bottom. Place top half of each biscuit over filling. Spoon 1/3 cup apple mixture over biscuit top. Dollop with cinnamon whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note