Winter Radish Salad
Photo: Thomas J. Story
This simple winter salad gets plenty of fresh crunch from a mix of radishes, and pungent richness from blue cheese. It's good without the apple too.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 81
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Protein: 4.1g
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 5.5g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 311mg
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- 8-in.-long piece daikon radish, peeled
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup crumbled roquefort or other blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 ounces mixed salad greens (about 4 cups loosely packed)
- 3 red radishes, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 watermelon radish, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Fuji apple, sliced into wedges
- 1. Using a 5-holed peeler or vegetable peeler, shave long strands from daikon until you have about 1/2 cup. Save leftover radish for another use.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, sour cream, 2 tbsp. roquefort, the salt, and pepper (or put those ingredients in a pint jar and shake vigorously).
- 3. Divide greens among 4 salad plates. Drizzle dressing over greens. Garnish with radishes, apple, and remaining cheese.
- Make ahead: Dressing, covered and chilled, up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This