- 8-in.-long piece daikon radish, peeled
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup crumbled roquefort or other blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 ounces mixed salad greens (about 4 cups loosely packed)
- 3 red radishes, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 watermelon radish, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Fuji apple, sliced into wedges
- calories 81
- caloriesfromfat 57 %
- protein 4.1 g
- fat 5.1 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- carbohydrate 5.5 g
- fiber 1.1 g
- sodium 311 mg
- cholesterol 13 mg
How to Make It
Using a 5-holed peeler or vegetable peeler, shave long strands from daikon until you have about 1/2 cup. Save leftover radish for another use.
In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, sour cream, 2 tbsp. roquefort, the salt, and pepper (or put those ingredients in a pint jar and shake vigorously).
Divide greens among 4 salad plates. Drizzle dressing over greens. Garnish with radishes, apple, and remaining cheese.
Make ahead: Dressing, covered and chilled, up to 1 week.