I have been making this salad for years. It is wonderful! It had many, many 5 star reviews. I wish Myrecipes would stop removing all reviews on so many recipes!
Winter Orange Salad
This easy orange salad is a great way to wake up winter meals. Bright orange slices top a bed of lettuces, spinach, red onion, and feta cheese and are drizzled with a simple homemade vinaigrette.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 119
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 21.5g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 329mg
- Calcium: 107mg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups orange sections (about 3 large oranges)
- 3 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 3 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- To prepare salad, combine orange sections, romaine, red leaf lettuce, and spinach in a large bowl. Add onion and cheese. Pour vinaigrette over salad mixture; toss gently to coat.
You'll find the best oranges during the winter months. Mix the vinaigrette and prepare greens up to two days in advance, storing each component separately until it's time to toss the salad. Keep greens chilled and covered with a damp towel.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note