Winter Herb Garden Scalloped Potatoes
- 6 small russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped purple onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped dried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Peel potatoes, and cut into1/8-inch-thick slices. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, tomatoes, and garlic; saute until tender. Add flour, stirring until blended. Gradually add whipping cream, milk, and cream cheese, stirring until smooth. Stir in chives and next 4 ingredients; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- Combine potatoes and cream sauce into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 375° for 1 hour. Sprinkle with Asiago and Parmesan cheeses; bake, uncovered, 15 more minutes or until potato is tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This