Not a lot of flavor in this. Had to make some modifications...used baby bella mushrooms and spinach instead of Cremini and dandelion greens. Hopefully, the original recipe is more flavorful.
Winter Greens and Mushroom Pasta
Photo: Yuhnee Kim; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 416
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sodium: 639mg
- Cholesterol: 9.6mg
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, stems removed and chopped in thirds
- 4 ounces radicchio, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat or whole-milk ricotta cheese
- About 1/4 cup toasted plain croutons, crushed
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, then drain.
- 2. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in leek and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add greens, radicchio, and salt and cook until just warm, about 1 minute (add a bit of water if pan starts to scorch).
- 3. Toss pasta, vegetables, and reserved pasta water together. Top with dollops of ricotta, croutons, a drizzle of remaining 2 tbsp. oil, and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note