1. Place the potatoes in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are very tender.
2. Drain the potatoes, then return them to the pot. Add the butter and milk, then mash until chunky smooth. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
3. While the potatoes cook, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the baked beans, tomato paste, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder and cayenne. Bring to a simmer, then cover and set aside.
4. Heat a grill pan to medium-high. Add the hot dogs and cook until heated through and browned on all sides, about 6 to 7 minutes.
5. To serve, divide the mashed potatoes between 4 serving plates. Top each with a hot dog, then ladle the beans over them. Top with cheese, sour cream, jalapenos and red onion.
Go to full version of