Winter Chili Dogs
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 tablespoon(s) (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can(s) vegetarian baked beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 4 hot dogs
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, to serve
- Chopped pickled jalapeno slices, to serve
- Chopped red onion, to serve
- 1. Place the potatoes in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are very tender.
- 2. Drain the potatoes, then return them to the pot. Add the butter and milk, then mash until chunky smooth. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- 3. While the potatoes cook, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the baked beans, tomato paste, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder and cayenne. Bring to a simmer, then cover and set aside.
- 4. Heat a grill pan to medium-high. Add the hot dogs and cook until heated through and browned on all sides, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- 5. To serve, divide the mashed potatoes between 4 serving plates. Top each with a hot dog, then ladle the beans over them. Top with cheese, sour cream, jalapenos and red onion.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note