For a festive look, spoon beets over a bed of gourmet mixed greens.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 (15-ounce) cans sliced beets, drained
- Combine sugar and flour in a heavy saucepan; whisk in vinegar and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and boil, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in salt and butter.
- Stir beets into sugar mixture, and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often. Serve immediately. Or let cool, and spoon beet mixture into an airtight container; chill 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables