- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Sauterne or other white wine
- 1/2 cup commercial sour cream
How to Make It
Sauté onion in butter until tender. Add flour, stirring until onion is coated. Add marjoram, celery salt, and mustard. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and wine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Remove from heat; add sour cream. Cook until thoroughly heated.